Seafood restaurant SOP is documented step-by-step procedures that guide service delivery in eateries specializing in aquatic cuisine and cookery. This perception focuses on the preparation and service of fresh seafood. Besides, tends to refer to edible aquatic animals. There are numerous wider definitions of seafood, which refer to everything that emanates from the sea. These include fish as well as seaweed. The term fish involves both fresh and saltwater fish, plus other aquatic life. Read more
In general, when someone orders a Seafood Antipasto or a Seafood Salad, they don’t expect to see a chunk of salmon. They are anticipating calamari, scallop, shrimp, and shellfish. Are you planning to invest in the seafood restaurant industry? If yes, subsequently this article provides the most excellent operational instructions for you. Check out similar articles.
The following are some of the standard operating procedures that might assist you to increase efficiency. On the other hand, it will enable you to provide the most efficient customer service in the seafood restaurant enterprise.
Step By Step Restaurant Operation Procedures
- Acknowledge the guest within 30 seconds of arrival with eye contact, a warm friendly smile, and a verbal greeting.
- Ask the guest for his favorite sitting location and clarify the number of guests.
- Inquire from the guest(s) whether they have any reservation, and take their name and number.
- Invite guests to have an aperitif at the seafood bar as they wait for their preferred table.
- The manager/supervisor accompanies the guests to their table and sits them. He/she checks their satisfaction with the location.
- Assist the guests with napkins and remove spare place settings.
- Their waiter passionately moves toward guests within 30 seconds of seating with eye contact, a warm smile, and a verbal greeting. He/she introduces him/herself and removes extra covers.
- The waiter offers both the wine list and menu immediately before retreating to his/her position and awaits other guests.
- The waiter ascertains whether the guest is prepared to order after 2 minutes. He/she offers information about the available choices.
- Take the beverage order, and serve drinks are within 3 minutes of ordering from a clean tray. Handle the glasses by the base.
- Take food orders from the right side, starting with ladies. The order should include starters, main dish, dessert, and any additional details.
- Repeat the order back to the guest for clarification. Lay the place setting with correct cutlery and crockery for the ordered food.
- Provide hot towels for cleaning hands for dinner, and offer the biting thereafter. Serve garlic bread together with biting as an accompaniment to the meal. Check out similar SOPs.
Seafood Restaurant SOP | Food Service
- Serve starters within 10 minutes of ordering and the main dish within 20 minutes of ordering. Lay the correct cutlery and crockery accordingly.
- Check the guest satisfaction 15 minutes after starting the main course. Regularly replenish the wine during the meal and offer any additional drinks as required.
- Clear the table of all dirty and extra crockery and cutlery within 2 minutes after concluding each meal. Offer additional drinks every time only ¼ of the drink remaining in the glass.
- Offer dessert, coffee, or liqueurs to the guests lay fresh cutlery, and remove condiments. Serve desserts within 3 minutes after ordering.
- Serve hot beverages within 3 minutes of ordering.
- Clear ashtrays with no more than 2 butts in the ashtray at a time.
- Present the correct bill to the guests within 4 minutes after requesting.
- Return the change within 5 minutes after receiving cash from the guest.
- Thank guests by name when leaving and wished them a pleasant day/evening.
The seafood restaurant is characterized by the Chain Restaurant businesses. These include chain and franchised restaurants that offer food services to customers who are served while seated. These enterprises can offer this type of food service to customers in complimented with the selling of alcoholic and other drinks.
The main delicacy in this setup is any form of sea life that is considered human food. These include fish as well as shellfish. Shellfish refers to the main species of mollusks e.g. clams, oysters, and octopus, squid, and crustaceans.
Reach out for our hospitality consultancy Here