Maintenance SOP refers to a comprehensive list of step-by-step operating procedures that explains how to carry out asset repair and servicing. The maintenance department in a hotel provides and maintains a safe, systematic, and considerate operational atmosphere. This contributes to both guest and staff satisfaction. Read more
Maintenance areas are responsible for maintaining the building and equipment. A good maintenance program has well-established measurement data. Poor data can be worse than having no data at all. This is because it could result in incorrect analysis, hence working on the erroneous module.
To ensure excellent data collection you must have a well-written data collection process. Companies repeatedly fail to acknowledge the significance of having well-written processes for most jobs. The most affected is a job that seems to be as simple as collecting data.
This piece of writing covers the significance of having good job procedures. Besides, it provides the details required to come up with a well-written standard maintenance procedure.
The Importance Of Maintenance In Hotels
The Maintenance Department is mainly responsible for maintaining the hotel buildings, grounds, roads, as well as permanent and mobile equipment. Several factors affect the preferred level of maintaining a hotel building.
Precautions should be taken to meet the rising demand for maintenance services in hotels. Therefore, proper request procedures should be in place to avoid occurrences of overloading employees in the maintenance department. Besides emergency cases, hotels should adopt an appropriate technique of making the best use of use of available resources. This will subsequently reduce time-wasting in the industry. Check out similar articles.
Maintenance SOP | Is It Necessary?
Hotel standard maintenance procedure is a very important document because of the following reasons;
- Guarantees the safety and protection of employees.
- Assists in ensuring that everybody performs a task to the same level of accuracy.
- Saves time when doing the job.
- Guarantees achieving the standards.
- Minimizes the impact of staff turnover.
- Increases the dependability of equipment.
- Used to train and induct new employees.
- Helps in writing down the equipment management procedure.
- Assists in protecting the environment.
- Provides a foundation for investigating accidents.
Information Contained In The Maintenance SOP
- The official title and document number.
- A declaration reading: “comprehend all steps in this standard maintenance procedure before beginning work.”
- All security and ecological dangers to be conscious of while doing the task.
- A comprehensive list of steps for doing the task.
- A complete record of tools and resources for performing the task.
- Mentions of other documents are required to do the task.
- Photographs and illustrations where applicable to explain the steps of doing the task.
- Dimensions, principles, and tolerances in the standard maintenance procedure.
- Any other significant information that could assist the employee in acceptably completing the task.
- An explanation of skills needed to perform the task.
- Each task has specific hours allocated.
- The number of employees required.
- The number of times one should performing the task.
- Document preparation and the specific dates for revision.
- Approval as well as reviewer signatures.
- Space to share feedback regarding the correctness and efficiency of the standard maintenance procedure.
The feedback is significant to the achievement of Standard Maintenance Procedure (SMP). The task performer gets an official feedback system. Update the SMP once feedback exposes errors or more efficient ways to do the task. Badly written SMP is not safe and mainly not effective. Check out similar SOPs.
Summary of Maintenance SOP As Applied In Hotels
The following are the basic standards to be agreed to when handling requisitions;
- Executed Requisitions for maintenance support within twenty minutes.
- The team member honestly makes an apology for the inconvenience caused If the guest calls due to a mistake or maintenance error in the room.
- The team member provides details of what time, and who will carry out the follow-up, and the deadline when follow-up is needed.
- Maintenance staff enters the guest room together with security personnel when guests are not in their room,.
- Gently knock on the door and identify yourself to ascertain whether the room is in use or vacant before entering.
- Contact the guests to confirm their satisfaction with the response in case a follow-up check or service is needed.
- Leave a tailored note (fix me) card in the room if you do a repair in the absence of the guests from the room.
- The staff member asks for consent to do so and holds on for a reply before placing a caller on hold.
- Perform contact after every forty seconds if calls are put on hold, giving the caller the option to continue with the hold, leave a message, or get a callback.
- Transfer callers to another department after informing them about the person they are being linked to.
- Don’t screen all calls.
Acquire a Maintenance SOP to equip maintenance staff with all tools required to do their duties. Besides, it is much easier to introduce new maintenance employees. The step-by-step operating procedure has a clear path for tasks to be done. The newly recruited staff must not always seek advice from more knowledgeable workers.
Reach out for our hospitality consultancy Here