Talent acquisition refers to the entire procedure of discovering and obtaining experienced employees to meet organizational goals. In particular cases, the talent acquisition group is part of the Human Resources department of the company. In others, they have a separate department that is tasked with talent acquisition and works hand in hand with the Human Resource.
The objective of sourcing is to discover and establish matching aspirants for a target job profile. It is greatly more than doing a specific resume exploration on the CV database. Besides, it is more than scrutinizing the applications received in reply to a job advertisement. That is what most of the recruiters are doing.
Hospitality experts play a key role in the talent acquisition process for new workers in the industry. To carry out an outstanding job of doing employment interviews and appraising applicants takes more time than an unofficial conversation. It requires training in the proficiency, techniques, and necessities of effective interviewing. Check out similar articles.
The following hotel talent acquisition process is tailored to enhance the recruitment process in the Hospitality Industry.
Talent Acquisition | Aptitude Identification
Talent identification refers to the process of recognizing existing staff that have the potential to excel within the organization. On the other hand, talent selection is the approval of individuals into diplomatic teams as well as expansion programs.
The main differentiator connecting a fine and enormous organization is the capability to discover, build up, and keep talent. On the other hand, if a company is to stay at float, it will make sure that there is continuity of its labor force. Besides, they should have qualified personnel working in the right place at the right time with the right expertise. Read more
Talent Acquisition | Stages Involved
1. Establish A Selection Criteria
- Make sure that the job specification is updated and in line with the job requirements.
- Develop a selection criterion that is in line with the job specification. Only skills, and experiences that are required are included.
- Provide a relaxed atmosphere.
- Allocate adequate time for the process.
- Perform trade testing.
- Administer psychometric testing.
- Enumerate the questions you intend to ask in advance.
- Make sure that there is consistency as well as justice in asking questions.
- Center your attention on the actual demands of the job instead of assuming and stereotyping.
- Allow the interviewees enough time to explain their points.
- Make sure that there is requisite silence in the room.
- Take note of all the questions as well as the answers discussed.
- Request the applicants to ask questions if any.
3. Coming Up With The Decision
- Categorize the interviewees as per the performance against crucial and desired qualifications.
- Confirm the information gathered.
- Document conclusions made as well as the rationale behind them.
- When requested, give a productive response to those applicants that were not successful. Check out similar SOPs.
How To Know When An Applicant Is Lying?
- Change in the way the applicant looks at you.
- Deviation in the voice like stammering as well as throat clearing.
- Strange body language with actions likes touching your face, restlessness, or tapping on the foot.
- Giving statements that contradict each other.
- Easy alteration of the subject.
Questions To Avoid During An Interview Session
- What is your tribe?
- What religion do you subscribe to?
- Do you anticipate getting children?
- Are you expectant?
- Are you having a boyfriend or girlfriend?
- How tall are you?
The most successful interviewing process is tough and overstretched. Each interview, as well as each hire, is equally important to the organization. With the tips above, you are better placed to disclose the most excellent and best fit applicant for your company.
Reach out for our hospitality consultancy Here