Conventional Service SOP refers to standards adopted by an organization to enhance the experience of guests attending group meetings with specific objectives. A convention involves getting together delegates representing numerous clusters. Ground-breaking ideas are share during conventional meetings as well s the exchange of new information.
Conventional customers are the core business in most hotels and first-class hospitality establishments. Due to the seasonality of the hotel business especially at the coastal lines, most investors are diversifying their operations by tapping into a conventional business. This promotes domestic tourism from the local population hence a second source of income for hoteliers.
The changing trends in terms of customer expectations in the industry have necessitated the need to adopt a standardized way of doing inquiries. Consider space reservation and the availability of other subsidiary services that complement meetings. This is the only way to assure quality products and services to hotel and hospitality industry clients. Check out our Publications
The following is a detailed procedure to follow when handling inquiries for conference and group meetings;
Conventional Service SOP | Your pledge
To provide responsive assistance with the emphasis on the guest’s success.
- Once the caller has given information to one team member, they will not have to repeat the same information to another team member.
- Confirm space available at the initial conversation.
- If the booking cannot be made for some other reason, provide alternatives, including alternative dates.
- Guests should be informed of the extra value of the hotel by emphasizing the availability of dedicated staff, or on creative and tasty food service.
- Offer a tour of the hotel facilities to first-time callers. Above all, the team member should provide their name and invite future inquiries directly to them.
- Close the conversation by an agreement between the guest and the team member. Besides, factor in exactly what will happen next, and when it will happen. Agree on a specific follow-up date.
- Respond to all requests for information within one business day.
- The purpose of the written offer is to reflect the hotel as a quality company.
- The paperwork has to be clean and well presented free from spelling, grammar, as well as punctuation errors.
- Personal follow-up will automatically occur within three days of any routine inquiry.
Conventional Service SOP can help hospitality investors increase their revenue generation. Besides, it will promote a good reputation from both domestic and international conventional clients.
Reach out for our hospitality consultancy Here