Honey Glazed Tuna is the most preferred way of preparing tuna because it produces grill marks on the surface of the fish. You should always maintain your focus on the tuna while it is being grilled. The honey glace in this case will make the tune burn easily. In case it flames up, moves it off to the side of the grill where it is not too hot. Besides, this recipe can also be prepared and cooked in a hot skillet. Check out similar articles.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes. Serves: 4 Pax
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Honey Glazed Tuna | Ingredients
- 4 pcs of tuna steaks, weighing about 125g (4oz) each
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh honey
- 2 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon of tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Fresh grounded black pepper
- 1 parsnip, that has been cut into large pieces
- 2 potatoes that have been cut into large pieces
- 50g (2oz) unflavored yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of horseradish relish (this is optional)
Honey Glazed Tuna | Procedure
- Put the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan. Allow it to boil, and, then reduce the heat and simmer until when the mixture has reduced forming a glazed consistency. Keep it hot.
- For the parsnip puree, steam the parsnips and potatoes until well cooked. Drain and put it in a blender together with the yogurt, horseradish (where applicable).
- You can add pepper to enhance the taste. Continue blending until done. Keep it warm or reheat it before you serve.
- Brush over the tuna with sunflower oil. Cook on a preheated, extremely hot grill or char-grill, or in a frying pan or under an oven grill for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn and spread the glaze all over the tuna and continue cooking for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Above all, tuna is best if wet and relatively pink in color at the center.
- When serving, put a mound of the puree on top of the tuna steak and spread over the remaining glaze. This recipe can be served well with steamed green vegetables of your choice. Check Out Similar Recipes.
Grilling is a healthy means of cooking as it requires little or no added fat. Besides, any fat oozing from the food can easily drain away. Griddle pans are the most preferred because they can withstand extreme levels of heat. On the other hand, this cooking method gives food an appetizing flavor and assists in sealing in all the juices.
Reach out for our hospitality consultancy Here