Banana Fritters are prepared with batter, completely fried, and filled with ripe bananas, and finally smeared with icing sugar or syrup. This makes it almost taste like a cone cake or doughnut! The origin of fritters was in West Africa, where deep-frying is among the main cookery techniques employed in the country.
A fritter is a fried piece of dough, or segments of animal protein, seafood, fruits, vegetables as well as other constituents that have been battered and fried. Fritters come in both sweet and savory varieties.
Served hot and golden in color, Banana Fritters provide an ideal way of satisfying a sweet tooth. The fact that they are produced from sweet, fruity bananas with vanilla essence, and then fried until golden brown, they are tasty to the final bite. Check out similar articles.
Banana Fritters | Serves 3-4 Portions
This is a great approach to utilizing those leftover bananas. The tasty fritters provide the best compliment for breakfast. You can as well take it as a snack, or even for dessert. You choose to sprinkle them with powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, trickle them with honey or syrup, or consume them with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. The choice is yours.
Banana Fritters | Ingredients
- 3 medium ripe bananas (skinned and mashed with a fork then sprinkled with fresh lemon juice to stop discoloration
- ¼ cup sugar (you can add more if you prefer them sweeter)
- 1 egg, evenly whisked
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- ½ vanilla essence
- ¼ milk
- Beat the sugar, egg, vanilla, and cinnamon until done and frothy. Add the mashed bananas and mix until well integrated.
- Using a fresh bowl, whisk the mixture of flour, salt, and baking powder. Add into the mixture and stir well. Add your milk a little bit by bit as you stir, until the mixture attains the required consistency.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan, then tenderly using two spoons, take a little quantity of batter, and put it into the hot oil. Keep the heat low because they brown very quickly. Always prepare small portions of fritters so that they cook well. Once the underneath is brown, tenderly turn them over for the top side to heat.
- Remove and drain on tissues before serving with chopped fruits, cinnamon sugar, icing sugar, syrup, honey, or ice-cream.
Banana Fritters | Tips
Banana fritters are capable of being re-heated using a non-stick frying pan on low heat. On the other hand, you can put them on a roasting tray in a hot oven for 5 minutes. You can as well re-heat the fritters using a microwave oven.
Reach out for our hospitality consultancy Here