Mediterranean Pasta is a healthy recipe that combines ingredients like angel hair pasta, fresh lemon, together with classic ingredients. Nevertheless, this is an easy but wonderful healthy pasta recipe that can be taken at any mealtime. On the other hand, the Mediterranean pasta is a meal that has no boundaries regardless of the occasion to which you are preparing it.
This meal is a testimony to the fact that instructions must not be lengthy or complex to be appetizing as well as tasty. Read more articles
Mediterranean Pasta | Step By Step Preparation Process
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Serves: 4
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 400g (13oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 glass red wine (optional)
- 375g (12oz) dried pasta
- Parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
Mediterranean Pasta | Procedure
- Place all the ingredients, except the pasta and parmesan, in a saucepan and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions until it is just tender.
- Allow the sauce to cool a little, and then transfer to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Drain the pasta, return to the pan and toss with the sauce. Thereafter, sprinkle with parmesan. Serve with a green salad and French bread.
Or You Could Try
Adding some of the following to the sauce to vary the flavor:
- Freshly steamed vegetables
- Canned beans, rinsed and drained
- Tuna, rinsed and drained
- Pitted olives
- A handful of walnuts.
Mediterranean Pasta made with tomatoes, artichoke, garlic, and lemon gives the fastest, healthy recipe that is easy to make at home. Besides, you may decide to take the recipe as pure vegetarian or serve it with chicken or shrimp. Above all, this recipe is one of the most nutritious all-inclusive meals that you can’t miss on your menu.
Check out our hospitality consultancy Here