Tuna Salad is all you require as a special meal that provides your body with omega-3 fats extracted from tuna. On the other hand, it provides nearly three-quarters of a day’s value of cholesterol-lowering fiber from beans. Above all, this is a type of meal that is as great as the main dish.
Salads are the best source of healthy recipes. However, they can turn out to be a bit repetitive if you don’t change up your ingredients time and again.
Fortunately, this easy recipe uses diverse ingredients. Nevertheless, these are the very things that you probably are already having in your cupboard.
Tuna is a great meal for healthy value addition to your salad. In addition, it is full of essential omega-3 fatty acids that help rejuvenate the overall health of our hearts.
Butter beans and kidney beans as part of the ingredients in this dish provide a great source of fiber, protein, as well as vitamin B1.
In case you are in a hurry, preparing this tasty salad is a great way to maintain your healthy eating. Read more articles
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Serves: 6
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Tuna Salad | Ingredients
- 175g (6oz) French beans, either canned, fresh, or frozen
- 200g (7oz) can tuna. Rinse and drain them before use.
- 175g (6oz) canned butter beans. Rinse and drain them before use.
- 175g (6oz) canned red kidney beans. Rinse and drain them before use.
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 12 olives to garnish
- Salad leaves to serve
Tuna Salad | Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- A tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- One small garlic clove. Crush it before use.
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Pinch of dried basil or oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
Tuna Salad | Procedure
- If using fresh or frozen beans, lightly cook for 4-5 minutes in boiling water, or steam or microwave. Refresh under cold running water, and then drain well.
- Flake the tuna and place in a bowl all the beans together with the onion.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients. Then pour over the bean and tuna mixture.
- Toss lightly and garnish with olives. Thereafter, serve on a bed of salad leaves.
The many beans in this dish are abundant in cardio-protective nutrients. Besides, combined with low-fat canned tuna, this salad is a healthy complement to any meal.
Check out our hospitality consultancy Here